Thursday, February 06, 2014

Proud of Seattle, happy about the Hawks!


Over 750,000 people descended on Seattle, a city of 630,000, in 20 degree weather for the Seahawks parade, and beside overflowing trash containers and some transit delays, about which we were warned extensively, every business jammed and busy, and the occasional bit of mild frostbite, the day was grand and joyous. Beautiful clear blue sky, quite unusual this time of year, with only a mild breeze. See more here:

Best of all, not a lick of trouble. No arrests, no uncontrolled crowds. I can think of a number of cities that would have experienced violence and some level of riot.

I attribute this, partly, to Seattle being a pretty laid back city. But also, this was not an alcohol-based event. Everyone was out and about, not sitting in bars, homes, or the stadium pounding back beer. The riots will just have to wait for another time.

8 comments:

SoLow said...

As a "warmonger" (yes, living in Portland with pro-USMC bumper stickers, I've been called that) even I'll say that it's cool to pull off a celebration like that without drunken idiots lighting bonfires in the street. Y'all should be proud of yourselves and your *cough* team...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmm, Classless in Seattle ??http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=2296847671&group=0&frame_type=a&blog=5744217&link=aHR0cDovL3N1cHBvcnR5b3VybG9jYWxndW5maWdodGVyLmNvbS8yMDE0LzAyL2NsYXNzbGVzcy1pbi1zZWF0dGxlLw&frame=1&click=0&user=0

jim marquis said...

Rickvid, you're right...the people of the area showed true class in the way they celebrated. I love this area and am proud to call it home.

Rickvid in Seattle said...

Oh, the coward Nony-mouse again. Actual facts, not just acceptable facts, the fight was over a girl, not football. Now, Philly, San Fran, Detroit, Chicago, they would have burned thru the night. So, who's classless? Twit.

Tater said...

Megga 'grats Rickvid & Jim, glad you had a great game and that it didn't "rain on your parade"!! Being a Florida resident, I was kinda neutral, but there was zero doubt in any ones mind that the Seahawks were the superior team!

Cheer to you and all your fellow fans.

jim marquis said...

Thanks, Tater!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wasn't calling anyone classless, I was just participating in the post. And I got called a twit ????? This was my first time posting here. I come on anon, just in case there are people like you who are insulting, if there are not, I use my name, otherwise I just leave, I'll be going now. A blog who treats people that way is not for me, wow, just wow.

CrabbyOldMan said...

Anonymous, there is someone who used to participate using "Anonymous". That person proved that they were an utter twit to everyone. I suggest that you use something besides "Anonymous" or you will be mistaken for the other one.