Friday, November 15, 2013

Our rotten broken healthcare system...

Some of you may recall that a few years ago I tore a shoulder muscle during a 3 on 1 fight in my Krav Maga class (you shoulda seen the remains of the other three!). I had hoped it was strained, but after a few days it was clear that something else was up. I called my doc on a Friday morning and saw her that afternoon. She had me get x-rayed right away and, nothing broken, set up an MRI for Monday, one working day. A surgery about a week later, a few weeks on the mend, and back to class.
Well, a few weeks ago I broke up a real fight (note to self - stop that!) and may have injured things again. Well, the deterioration in our lousy healthcare system since a few years ago tells me that we have to tear it down and get the government in to make things right!
This time I contacted my doctor on Wednesday afternoon but could not get in to see him (different doc) until Thursday afternoon! I mean, WTF, right? And he said he thought it was only a rotator cuff strain and asked me which I would prefer, some physical therapy to see if things get better, or an MRI? I mean, really! How the hell do I know what is best for me? Ed Shultz on MSCNBCN knows that we are all too friggin' stupid to decide anything for ourselves. The doc needs to tell me what I have to do. He's the doc, right? I don't know skwat about docterin' stuff. So, anyhow, I mull it over, and called for an MRI yesterday morning (Thursday,) and I can't even get in until Monday afternoon! Two whole working days! Can you believe it? Jeez, that is twice as long a wait as I had before!
See, if it was government run, they'd have taken me right away, and it would be for FREE! Now, with this bum system, I might have to pay a co-pay of $30 or something.
So, viva Obamacare! Bring it!

14 comments:

Haverwilde said...

Let the adoration of the 'free lunch' begin.

Nate: You can sing the high notes!

Obama is our man,
He will help us all he can,
He will pay our bills,
And fix our ills,
Thus bankruptcy is the Plan.

CrabbyOldMan said...

This is a conversation I had years ago with a co-worker from India.
Indian: I had to take my wife to the hospital last night. It is a very nice place. Why, it is as clean as your house is!
Me: Well, it's a hospital for Christ sake! It better be!
Indian (in icy voice): I can tell that YOU have never been to a hospital in India or Briton.

Foxy Wizard said...

Rickvid, I haven't a clue how to respond to this post.

Rickvid in Seattle said...

A bit of a snsrk. The Obamunists constantly tell us how bad our system is and how utopian govt run would be. Of course a moment's clear thinking shuts that down. Chive on.

Rickvid in Seattle said...

NEWS FLASH! THIS JUST IN! DATELINE SEATTLE! Rotator cuff strain. PT for me.

Next topic?

Haverwilde said...

OUCH!
Sorry..

Rickvid in Seattle said...

Have, far better than a tear. A little PT and proper weight lifitng and it will be all good. Fortunately, it is not interfering with my liter curls at the German pub!

Haverwilde said...

'Liter curls at a German pub.' I wish I could join you. My arm needs a little exercise, and I need the taste of obama corruption out of my head--an ale cleansing is an obvious choice.

Rickvid in Seattle said...

No ales in German brewing. How about a nice Maibach? HOWEVER I could take you to some great ale houses here abouts! Maybe we'all should do a Blonde Sagacity meet up and charity pub crawl somewhere?

Foxy Wizard said...

I received my healthcare cancellation notice today. I'll keep you posted.

Haverwilde said...

Well, Foxy are you going to join us in the pub crawl? It sounds like you could use some arm exercise too.

Foxy Wizard said...

Lol. I think it is in everyone's best interest that I remain sober. :)

Anonymous said...

So you're getting the same medical care the rest of us have had for over 2 decades - boohoo

CrabbyOldMan said...

Enemas, who the hell are "the rest of us"?