Thursday, October 25, 2012

In Memoriam: Riceburner147

I feel like I should say something about what's been going on the last few days, but not really sure what to say...

Many of you know that "Riceburner147" (and later "JoeSixPack") that commented here for many years was my uncle. I'm pretty sure he branched out from here and commented elsewhere also...and even had his own blog at one point...so a few of you might know him better than others...

He passed away unexpectedly on Monday night. He was 57. Since he loved coming here and commenting/debating with many of you was a distraction for him when his life was crappy, I felt like I should acknowledge his passing...even though I'm still processing myself.

16 comments:

Zelda said...

Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I remember him of course, but I didn't realize he was your uncle. I'm truly sorry for your loss. That is far too young. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Stix said...

Prayers for you and your family

Samiam said...

My condolences to you and yours...

May God's perpetual light shine on him, may his soul rest in peace and may God's angels fly him home...

elspeth said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I pray you and your family find peace at this difficult time.

Mark said...

I am very, very sorry for your loss.

Jpck20 said...

Very sorry to hear. RIP.

Fearthuinn min an Saille said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

He commented a lot on my previous blog and we exchanged emails for quite a while. Very sad, sorry for your loss.

SoLow said...

He and I had a few...umm...incidents, to say the least, but I don't wish death on anyone. Sorry for your loss ALa.

free0352 said...

I definitely remember him, he was a great guy. Very sorry.

CrabbyOldMan said...

Please accept my condolences.

jim marquis said...

Sorry for your loss. That's really tough.

RufussVa said...

Sorry for your loss :(

Anonymous said...

oh wow. :o( really sorry to read this and my thoughts are with your family. rest in peace, RB.
ghostie alix

Amy DePoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks Alicia, I am still processing it too. feels like yesterday