Friday, October 26, 2012

CNN Should Never Be On In A Military Establishment Again...

Ted Turner appearing on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight:

TED TURNER: I think the global policeman should be the United Nations. And I don't think we should need one. I think we should use courts the way we do in civilian life. It's time to put war and conflict behind us and move on, and start acting like civilized, educated human beings.

PIERS MORGAN: You made the point to me in the break there, more American servicemen have --

TURNER: -- are dying now from suicide over there than are dying in combat.

MORGAN: That's shocking, isn't it?

TURNER: Well, what -- no, I think it's -- I think it's good, because it's so clear that we're programmed and we're born to love and help each other, not to kill each other, to destroy each other. That's an aberration. That's left over from hundreds of years ago. It's time for to us start acting enlightened.

Not surprisingly, he has now apologized:

"I was implying that it is good that the public is more aware of these tragedies and is more averse to war and war-related fatalities.
My message has always been one of peace, I believe that we're born programmed to love and help each other, not to kill or hurt each other."

Is there anyone out there that believes this man, the very same man that married Jane Fonda, supports our troops? I believe Fonda recently said that Turner was her favorite ex-husband...the highest of compliments in the f-ed up land of Hollywood.

Many Americans shunned Starbucks over an Urban Legend about not supporting the troops...will anyone shun CNN over disgusting comments by its founder?

20 comments:

Jpck20 said...

I hope this piece of shit dies a horrible slow lingering death

Robert B said...

I already shun CNN anyway. The last time I watched CNN was during the first Iraq war.

Rickvid in Seattle said...

"Herr Leutnant," asked Private Schmidt pointing to a craft just off the beach and closing fast, "What is that?"
"I don't know, Schmidt. Sound the alert."
They watched as the craft, with five men and a coxswain came ashore. A platoon of German soldiers ran to the beach, rifles at the ready. One of the men, in a uniform, stepped from the craft into the surf. "Who's in charge here?" he cried above the crashing water. The Lieutenant stepped forward. "I am. And who the hell are you?"
"I am Officer Obie and these are my officers. In the name of the League of Nations, I am here to arrest certain persons, to wit, Adolph Hitler, Hermann Goering, Joseph Goebbels, .. hey, put the Luger away, pal, or I'll put YOU in the hoosegow, too!"

Kinda like this, Teddy? How would THAT hope and change have worked out for us? Ah, if only he could have talked to Mr. Hitler....

Fearthuinn min an Saille said...

I won't be, because I can't stand Fox News. That, and Turner has been out of the company for at least 10 years.

And he always sticks his foot in his mouth, even he admits that. This is nothing out of the ordinary for him. He says things as they come into his head, without stopping to think about it. Kinda like a lot of Christian conservative politicians these days.

Zelda said...

He's an evil man. A stupid, greedy, hypocritical, evil man.

free0352 said...

I'll add him to the list headed by Cindy Sheehan of people I'll punch in the face if I ever meet them.

CrabbyOldm,Man said...

I can't prove this, but would bet.
I think that the reason for there being "more" suicides among military people now is that there used to be a stigma attached to suicide. Because of concern for the families having to say "my dad/son/husband was a suicide (no survivors benefits)" the military reported some other cause of death.

CrabbyOldMan said...

Good for you Free0352!

CrabbyOldMan said...

I can't think of very many people I have a lower opinion of than Ted Turner.
He may be a shrewd business man, but he stinks as a human being.

Bram said...

Check out Fox News. The Benghazi thing is absolutely coming apart on Obama right now.

CIA Operator was nearby with a laser designator on the mortar - and was denied all support.

Zelda said...

Bram - I was just about to post about this. I'm begging all the recalcitrants to please vote Obama out of office. Please. I can't imagine another President, Republican or Democrat, who would have let innocent Americans die at the hands of terrorists when they could have done something to prevent it. Something is very wrong with Obama.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the witch, wrestler, gay chick, hates Fox News - there's a shocker.

Fearthuinn min an Saille said...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! That's hilarious anonymous.

BTW, not a witch, not gay, and not a wrestler. The least you could do is get your stereotypes right. Coward.

Anonymous said...

No, not a coward, but I did confuse you with someone else, my apologies.

Fearthuinn min an Saille said...

Yeah, right. Must be taking your talking point advice from the politicians playbook. Still a coward, to hide behind the anonymous nick.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that rich, a bunch of morons hiding behind ridiculous sounding pseudonyms calling anonymous posters "cowards" for being anonymous. Idiots.

freakchylde said...

I'm not anonymous at all. Every SN I use leads back to the exact person I am. You, on the other hand, can't be traced back to anything.

Anonymous said...

Cannot imagine or refuse to remember?

There was this one guy who ignored a PDB telling him Osama determined to attack. He was so annoyed he gave the agent a listen then asked if his ass was covered.

I guess vacation time is at a premium when you lead the free world.

Anonymous said...

"Many Americans shunned Starbucks over an Urban Legend"

Not "many" some and I'm sure some so CNN - You work for Fox so this isn't surprising.

Anonymous said...

ghd france emnrrxez ghd lisseur exbmidey GHD Pas Cher grtjmiht ghd buiklttk lisseur ghd pas cher xpojfbdp Lisseur GHD bkixtcho